top of page

Local Resources

Healthy Woman


Where can I find a Food Pantry near me?

Find a Food Pantry near you.


Where can I get food near me?

See upcoming and current Mobile pantries near me.



If you need food now and live in Hamilton County, dial 211 or text your zip code to 898-211 to request a voucher for an emergency food box.


Sign up for SNAP Benefits!

SNAP helps with purchasing groceries. We can provide assistance in signing up for this program.





If you would like to get in touch with the Eviction Prevention Initiative, please call Legal Aid of East Tennessee at 423-710-9432. The team at Legal Aid are conducting intake for individuals seeking legal assistance and rental assistance. If you have a pending court case, an attorney from their program will be in touch with you. If you are seeking rental assistance or legal assistance for other issues, they can provide resources that may be able to help.


Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

Shaving Hair


Kiva Loan


Kiva is a crowd-funded loan for small businesses. Whether your business has been around for a while or its still in the idea phase, all entrepreneurs are eligible to apply for Kiva. Loan terms are typically 6 months to 3 years. All loans are ZERO PERCENT INTEREST. Maximum loan amounts are $10,000, though amounts vary based on how long your business has been in existence. This loan program is administered by Co.Lab. Contact Co.Lab for additional information. 


Idea Leap Loans (and Grants)


The Tennessee Valley federal Credit Union (TVFCU) offers a loan of up to $50,000 for eligible small businesses and entrepreneurs. Eligible businesses can be in the idea phase or already in existence. Terms and interest rates vary. Interested businesses and entrepreneurs may not apply directly to TVFCU for this loan, but must apply via a technical assistance provider. The TVFCU also has a limited number of grants available for small businesses. To learn more about the Idea Leap program, visit the TVFCU website.



More Resources

  • NextLevel



How do I partner with a technical assistance provider?

Learn more about each technical assistance provider by visiting their websites. Contact them via phone or email to setup an appointment for a consultation. Will they help me apply for the Small Business Loan on my first visit? Not likely. Forming a partnership means building a relationship. They need to get to know you and your business. They’ll need to see your business plan. They’ll need to see your finances. They’ll talk with you about marketing. Only after you have formed a relationship will they refer your business into this program.


United Way Chattanooga has a 2-1-1 emergency referral number that connects people to the resources they need to address everyday challenges of living and those that develop during times of community emergencies. Dial 2-1-1 to access or visit their website here.

Support group


Street Fashion


Campaign for Southern Equality


Sylvia Rivera Law Project


U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs


Journey Phsychotherapy Center


Tennessee Transgender Task Force Resource Guide


The Marsha P. Johnson Institute



Gays & Lesbians Living In a Transgender Society

bottom of page